1. All league matches will be played to conform to England Squash Rules, additionally players must be paid up members of the Black Lion Squash Club.
2. All matches should be played at Medway Park Leisure Centre but, can be played at another venue by mutual agreement.
3. The match is best of five games, first player to win three games, and should be played using a double yellow dot ball.
4. The match result will be at the end of 40 minutes, UNLESS both players agree to play on.
5. If the match is finished after 40 mins ONLY completed games will count towards the result.
6. ALL matches SHOULD be played within the leagues dates, any played out of these dates will not count.
7. Scoring will be Hi-Ho (English Scoring) to Nine points, or in the case of scoring being 8 – 8, then the first player to 8 will determine if it’s SET one or SET two. Set one will the first player to NINE or SET two the first player to TEN, that wins the game.
8. Point scoring is as following:-
- One point for turning up to play
- One point for each game completed
- One extra point for winning match (Only if winner has three completed games)
- IT IS THE WINNERS RESPONSIBILITY TO INSERT THE RESULT IN THE LEAGUE TABLE ON THE NOTICE BOARD – IN THE CORRECT BOXES.
9. Each leagues duration will consist of four weeks in the winter, six weeks i at least one month in the summer, all with a one week rest period between.
10. The League Results Secretary, wherever possible, will form league boxes of FIVE players. In some case’s this may not be possible in which case he or she will use their discretion and may form league box of more than five players.
11. Wherever possible the two players with the highest points will advance UP one league, and the two players with the lowest points will go DOWN one league. The third place player in the league will remain in the same box.
12. If two players have the same points, then the winner of their match will receive ½ point extra, to enable the AUTOMATIC league system to work. If the players have a drawn match, then the highest player will be declared the winner.
12. IF the box consists of more than five players, ONLY two will go UP and two DOWN.
13. The winner in each league (except League 1) will be assured of going UP into a higher league box.
14. When new players or returning injured players are placed in boxes, this may result in only one player going UP and two or more going DOWN, or NO movement.
15. If you contact a player twice and no arrangement can be made to play, or the opponent in an arranged match fails to turn up, you may claim the match by informing the League Results Secretary and inserting in the result box your win as 3 and your opponents as minus ( – ) this helps the result secretary, that YOU have claimed the match in case of a dispute.
WITHDRAWAL FROM LEAGUE
16. If you withdraw from the leagues for other than injury (i.e. Work or Personal) the results within the league box will stand – therefore you will drop down one league. See also clause 11.
17. If you withdraw BEFORE the league session starts and have informed the League Results Secretary THREE days before the start, you will return in the same league box, BUT you may also come under clause 14.
18. New members of the Club, on paying their subscription, will be assessed by an appointed assessor of the Club, who will advise the League Results Secretary of the league box the player should play in.
19. Players returning from injury will be placed in ONE box LOWER than the box originally in.
20. If a player wishes to return after a LONG TERM injury or ABSENCE, (2 months or more) they will need to be accessed by the clubs appointed assessors before being entered into the league boxes.
21. The current assessors are Dinesh Bansal, Mick Jones, Glen Appleby, Len Locke, Gordon Smith.
22. All players that represent the Club, must be paid up members of England Squash, and conform to the rules of the Kent League.
23. Any action taken against the player by the Kent Squash will be upheld by the Club.
24. Abuse to any member of the club WILL result in disciplinary action being taken as per the rules within in the Club’s constitution.
The League Results Secretary will apply these rules every month rigidly, BUT due to unforeseen circumstances and other factors, there may be occasions when they will have to use their discretion in forming the league.
The League Results Secretary at all times will form the leagues in an unbiased and fair as possible way.
We will be using an Automatic league system which will also be checked manually, in particularly when NEW/INJURED players join or rejoin the league.