- A Happy Christmas Message
- Coaching/Squash Drills
- Members Details
- AGM Minutes 2017
- League Secretary
- League Secretary
- AGM Committee Nominations
The current Committee for 2017 – 2018 is as follows:-
|Tariq Chaudry||League Secretary|
|Jim Leconte||Competitions Secretary|
|Mike Jones||Club Secretary|
|Len Locke||Kent League Manager & Club Development Officer|
|Len Locke||Membership Co-Ordinator|
|Glen Appleby||Welfare Officer|
|Danielle Smith||Press Officer/Ladies team co-ordinator|
Any of the above would be pleased to deal with any question regarding the Club so please feel free to contact them using the contact details on the Members Directory page.
A Chairman’s Message for 2013
I would like to wish every Member a Happy and Prosperous New Year.
This time of the year is time for reflection and what a reflection the club has had over the last 12 months.
I am truly amazed at what the Club and Members have achieved:-
- Run the squash element of Transplant Games.
- Picked up an achievement award from Medway Council.
- Received praise from England and Kent Squash for commitment to the game and the Transplant Games.
- Become part of the Sports Maker programme in Kent.
- Our coaches and youth development team have visited various schools and colleges.
- We took part in World Squash Day and hope we have helped get squash into the 2020 Olympics.
- Made 3 honorary members – Len, Hamish and Eddie. I stand in awe of these Members attitude to life and their commitment to the sport. Between the 3 of them they have almost 220 years of life and are still playing, (I can feel my bones creaking just writing about it)
- Members have gained their Grade 1 and 2 coaching qualifications.
- 100 members.
- 12 ladders
- 4 Kent league teams
- And of course our fabulous juniors who are proving that with the right encouragement and guidance they can achieve amazing standards (Kent colours)
All of this topped off with a new website (well done Sany).
There are Members I would personally like to thank for their hard work and dedication to the Club and sport, not to mention keeping me on the straight and narrow and giving invaluable guidance to me. These are in no particular order:-
Mick Jones for his continued drive to make Club nights open to all and encouraging new Members, plus his dedication to keep all informed on Club matters.
Richard Gibbs for all his work and dedication running and maintaining the web site over the years.
Len Locke, Jeff Fray and Soli for their vision and drive to get youth into game. This was a difficult programme to implement and lesser people would have given up. You should feel proud of your achievement so far and I look forward to writing about your future achievements.
Hamish Sutherland and Jim Leconte for their continued hard work in organising leagues and competitions. Without your dedication and hard work we would have nothing.
Gordon and Sue Smith. Sue because she has allowed Gordon to coach, promote and in-between take over as League Secretary organising the Transplant Games, and visiting schools. Thank you Sue, keep up the good work. You know he gets under your feet! Gordon just do what Sue tells you.
I could go on, but as the Chairman I am proud of what the Club has achieved and I must admit without the personalities of the Members the Club would be boring. So keep doing what you are doing and this year will be better than last.